Pages

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Dance!

On Saturday, my Auntie and I went to her Parish hall. I was in a Samoan Puletasi. It looked very pretty, it had red flowers with black outline and a white background.

We went past a lot of people standing next to their cars as we were going in the hall. Suddenly, we heard a loud “BOOM!” Loud music bounced in my ears, it was so loud I could still hear it even if I covered my ears. We sat down and made ourselves comfortable. There were not as many people coming into the hall as I expected.

Then a man walked in front of us with a microphone thanking us for coming. He said that there will be performances and they will be serving us cups of tea later. The first performance was by a girl  and her mother. It was pretty  good. The next person who performed was a lady and she was amazing! I tried to copy some of her moves but they were too hard.

Then the moment came for me to perform. I was so nervous that I felt like I was shaking from the inside. But since there weren't that many people there, my nervousness faded away. I started to run  towards the centre of the hall with my bare feet because that is our culture. I did my very best to make my auntie proud of me. I was so proud of myself and before I knew it I had finished my dance. When the program was finished, we had a cup of tea and doughnuts. It was yummy!

Finally, we said Goodbye and we went home. It was a long day for me but it was definitely a fantastic Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.