Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Brhhh! It is very cold in here!


During the school holidays my cousins Faith, Mariah, Hailey and I went to Snow planet. Snow planet is a humongous warehouse filled with snow and the temperature is controlled around 2 degrees so we had to put on warm clothes.


When we got there, we had to wear special snow boots to stop us from slipping on the snow and it also kept our feet warm. However, It took me so long that by the time I was ready, Faith, Mariah and Hailey had already finished.


First, we got a big, round tube and we sat in the middle of it. After that, we went into the snow area and it was really, really cold. It felt like I was in a humongous freezer.


We walked up the steep hill where we slid down on the tubes. Faith was the first person to have a turn but while she was still having her turn, I was pushed down the hill. I was going really fast and I bumped into her which sent me flying off my tube. My hands felt so cold that I started getting blisters because I had forgotten to get some gloves. That’s when we rushed back inside to get some warm gloves. After that, we went again and again up and down the hill until our faces were extremely frozen.


10013942_772929506126797_180169062141738615_n.jpgOn our way home, we met Cornflake the clown and he showed us tricks like making blue, red, green and yellow handkerchiefs and turning them into a one long coloured scarf. He also did a disappearing of colours trick using a magical book. Then Cornflake blew up some balloons for us. Faith, Hailey and Mariah got fairy wings with a puppy doll and I got a flower heart shaped balloon. After that, we all got our face painted into colourful butterflies. Then as we were ready to leave, we looked outside and saw Cornflake’s car so we waved goodbye to him.

I had a fun time at Snow planet meeting Cornflake the clown. However, next time I’ll have to remember to put on gloves so I don’t get blisters from the snow.                                         
WALT understand and use descriptive language.
I know I can do this when I use appropriate adjectives and verbs in my recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.