Pages

Friday 15 August 2014

My fun but tiring weekend!



During the weekend my friends, mum and I went to city centre to see the boats.


When we arrived, there was a big crowd of people talking, yelling, laughing and riding their bikes across the bridge. It was like people were waiting for a famous actor to perform for them.  I just ignored the people and looked into the water.


The water was very calm and gentle waves were making soft noises that were like music to my ears. Then all of  a sudden, I saw very large containers piled next to each other.  Some were closed and some were open. It made me wonder what was inside them. We kept walking and we watched kids play games down at the dock.


Next thing we knew, it started to rain heavily so we  ran to our car like fast athletes otherwise we will get wet.  But when we got to the car, the sun shone again.  It felt like it was playing games on us. We drove up to the hill called Bastion Point which is located next to Mission Bay for a picnic.  I was starving so I ate straight away.

After eating, we played soccer with my friends.  It was a lot of fun but was very tiring for me afterwards. We watched people flying their kites and it was relaxing just watching them. Then it was time to go home.  I was tired I could hardly move my  limbs. But I had an awesome weekend with my family and friends.  I wish that we could do this again sometime soon.

WALT write a recount using language features.
I know I can do this when I writing similes using 'like' and 'as' to describe something or someone appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.